Image Map

ShareThis

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Being a blogger means that I’m on the computer…a lot!  It seems like some days I spend more time sitting at my desk than anything else.  Add to that the fact that I’m a student and you begin to understand why my makeshift office, which just so happens to be in the middle of my living room, just doesn’t seem to cut it anymore. 

 

Before I became a student and a blogger I really didn’t have the need for a home office, but now a few years (and a lot more emails and homework assignments later) I am desperate to find a space in the house that is my own.  With space limited in our new home I really have very few options for a home office.  There’s the basement, and I don’t go there unless I have to (and aside from that my husband has already claimed it as his “Man Cave”).  Then there’s the HUGE dining room which is big enough but is kind of in the middle of everything and would really offer me no more privacy than I have now.   And finally there’s the garage and that’s a definite no-go as my husband has taken over that area as well.  Left with no other options and not feeling very happy about it I decided that if I can’t have a home office right now I can at least dream that I have one…right!

 

image

 

Of course I can.  And I’ve already picked out every single item to adorn my “never-gonna-happen-but-it’s-always-nice-to-dream” office.  I am a huge fan of Bush Furniture so I already know that my office will have one of their gorgeous office desks.  I’m kind of partial to the Series C collection so I imagine that my home office will have one of the gorgeous Bush Furniture desks from that collection as the centerpiece.  I also image having a funky, yet comfortable desk chair for me to lounge in, I mean work in…I’m thinking something with a zebra print would be nice.   Of course, no office would be complete without artwork adorning the walls and I know 4 amazing up-and-coming artists whose works will make my office fabulous!

 

While getting a home office might actually be a long way off for me, I absolutely know that Bush office furniture will adorn the space!  And though it may never be a reality in this house, at least I can take comfort in the fact that I have great taste, even if it is wishful thinking! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Can you relate? Well let me know about it!